SPSS Capacity Building Workshop
- Are you involved in analyzing quantitative data collected from surveys, evaluations or observations?
- Does your work entail graphically representing the results of your analysis to aid critical decisions or inferences?
- Are you interested in building your expertise in quantitative data analysis?
- Would you want to increase your earning potential by becoming savvy in quantitative data analysis?
We hereby present “SPSS Capacity Building Workshop”
SPSS is a data analysis program useful for anyone who is involved in analyzing quantitative data and requires improved knowledge in testing hypothesis, ascertaining statistical significance between sub-population differences, determining interdependence between variables, estimating decisions among variables and presenting the results to inform critical decisions and inferences.
Preston Healthcare Consulting takes a hands-on approach to teaching SPSS. Topics will cover areas from importing spreadsheets to exploring data using descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Researchers (Public Health Practitioners, Social, Biological and Physical Scientists, Development workers as well as Academia).
- Monitoring & Evaluation staff involved in handling program data.
- Business Analysts who want to become better versed in the use of SPSS Statistics.
Scope of course
- Overview of the user interphase: Data View, Variable View.
- Creating Data File: Defining Variables, Entering data.
- Importing and exporting Data: Importing an Excel Spreadsheet into SPSS, Exporting SPSS data into Excel spreadsheet, Exporting and SPSS statistics output table to Power Point slides.
- Merging Data Files: Creating data files for merging, Merging the data files.
- Descriptive Statistics: Frequency Analysis, Cross tabs, Multiple response, frequencies, Multiple response cross tabs, Calculating means, Calculating the Standard deviation.
- Creating and Formatting Charts: Building charts, Adding a title to a chart, Adding colors to a chart, Applying a background color, Creating a chart from a pivot table, Creating Scatter plots, Creating box plots, Adding a line to a scatter plot, Manipulating the scales on the X and Y axis.
- Data Manipulation: Selecting cases, Splitting File, Using Find and replace, Copying and pasting variable properties, Inserting variables and cases, Deleting variables and cases.
- Test Of Significance: Chi- square, Correlations, Paired Sample T-test, Independent sample T-test.
- Regression Analysis: Simple Regression: Scatter plots, Predicting values of dependent varibles.
- Multiple Regression: Predicting values of dependent variables.
- Data Transformation: Using the “compute” command.
- Scripting for repetitive statistical analyses: Construct syntax files, run an existing syntax file.
Participants are required to come with their laptops as training sessions will be hands-on and interactive.
- Venue:CBN International Training Institute Maitama, Abuja.
- Date: 19th to 22nd June, 2017
- Time: 9 am to 5pm daily
- Fee Per Participant: N85,000.00
This fee covers training kits & materials, certificate of attendance, souvenirs, tea break and Lunch (throughout the duration of the Program).
- Before 5th June: N80,000.
- Group registration of 5 or more people: N80,000
- Discounts apply to ‘Early Bird' or 'group registration' and not both.
- Pay into our account with details:
Preston Healthcare Consulting Ltd.
Account Number: 0129124082.
- Fill form here
- Submit proof of payment to this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need further information please contact the personnel below:
Dr Nwando Onuigbo-Chatta
Knowledge Management Officer
Preston Healthcare Consulting Ltd.
79A, Nelson Mandela Street, Asokoro, Abuja.
Registration is currently open and will stay open till two days to the event.